Sunday, January 9, 2011
Coming home on Sunday
Well, Jamai and I went to Gainesville this morning to pick up Dad at the Renaissance Care Center. I promised him I would pick him up on Sunday. When I woke up to snow and the forcast of worse weather, we decided to go ASAP to pick him up. The nurses said Dad did fine in the facility, rested well both nights, and was not agitated or overly concerned about being there. Whew! What a relief! Unfortunately, the weather/road conditions did rapidly decline with freezing winter mix of sleet/rain/snow. The roads north of Gainesville were very slick by 11:30 am. I dropped Jamai off at her house to get her car, drove about a mile north, and slid off the road. Dad's quote: "Well, what the hell did you do that for??" Luckily, Leah was at Jamai's house with Jake and her 4 wheel drive Jeep so they managed to pull us out of the ditch and fence. Thank God!! I was just thinking what a really long walk that was going to be pushing a wheelchair! I was very thankful we were not in a dead zone for my cell phone! We made it home fine. Dad is in his chair in front of the fire, and Mom has a pot of chili on the stove. It is REALLY snowing hard, but we are all snuggled in now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW!!!! My goodness! I'm glad all made it back safely. I'm glad Gram had some rest and Pap did well, also.
ReplyDelete