This morning 2 aides came about 10:00 from Solaris Hospice. It was perfect timing, as mom and I were having coffee, and Dad was still in bed. They got Dad up, showered him, dressed him, changed the bedding, and took the dirty linens to the laundry. They only shaved half his face as he decided THAT WAS ENOUGH! Dad settled in his chair in front of the fire, and has been there since. The aides said they will come 5 days a week, and should be here in the mornings to get Dad out of bed and cleaned up. That would be great! About noon, the coordinator from the Ray of Sunshine service came and talked to us about providing care (which we will pay for). We are trying to arrange for an aide on Saturday and Sunday mornings when Hospice won't be here. I sure hope this works out. Mom is having back spasms and really, really should not be wrestling with dressing Dad, or getting him out of bed.
More often Dad is refusing to eat. We finally got him to eat something today about 3 pm, but he really grumbled and accused us of trying 'to fatten him up'. He does not want to move from his chair.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ok so I'm writing this from my phone, I will be up next Friday the 21st for a few days. So if you want to keep pap at the house that weekend I'll help take care of him and try to get him out of the house for a little bit if he is able. Love you all.
ReplyDelete