Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday, January 14th

I came up to the Ranch yesterday for Gram's birthday and am staying again tonight. I got here in the afternoon after Gram was able to go into town to meet with her prayer group. I think she really enjoyed getting out and seeing people. The phone was ringing off the hook all day with birthday wishes. We had a special birthday dinner with salmon and creme brulee for desert with Bonnie and Jordan. I even made bread for the first time in years, still not sure if it was as good as Laura or Amanda's.

This morning Russell Lopez came in with six friends from UNT to help Jordan cut wood for the fire. They worked all morning, leaving Louann and I working to find enough food to feed them. It was quite a feast with homemade macaroni, potato salad, barbecue from Dieter's, and chocolate cake.

The nurses came to get Pap up this morning and it went well. He talked to Jordan about cutting wood and sat at the table for lunch with everyone. Gram unfortunately has not felt very well today. Louann says it is probably just a stomach bug, so hopefully she'll feel better tomorrow. Unfortunately this leaves us with only three people to play cards with. Even with the setback, it's been a great trip!

Love to all,
Audrey

1 comment:

  1. So glad I was here to have some of Audrey's world class Mac and Cheese! Thanks again for all the help in the kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete