Saturday, January 8, 2011
Getting ready for cold weather
I called the nursing home this morning and they said Dad was doing fine. He had breakfast in his room, and was dressed and sitting in the common room when I called. It is hard to think of him there alone, but Mom had a good night's rest - which she needed. Today Jamai, Jake, and Leah cut and stacked firewood in prearation for the cold weather forcast to arrive tomorrow evening. Jamai made bread and stew and I went to the grocery, so I guess we are prepared. Except for going to get Dad, I won't have to go to town for a week! Please say a prayer for Dad and Mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm almost done with residence life training with our staff and students are about to move in (then it will be business as usual, instead how crazy it's been for the last week), so next weekend, if we'll need more fire wood split, I would probably be able to come and get some done. Jake, Jordan, can either one of you do next Sunday around mid morning? Saturday is no good for me.
ReplyDeleteRussell L.